In today’s tech-savvy world, the key to success for every modern-day and profit-driven business is the reliable connections established between the sales officers and the customers. This is easy when it comes to small business administration as everything can be handled efficiently at a one-on-one level as the number of customers is limited. With my experience of helping setup CRM business for more than 200 small businesses and a majority of them being repetitive at a high level but very unique in each business model, it was tough to ensure how Salesforce CRM improved Sales Pipeline and a better closure rate.
However, things start to get out of control as the customer base expands and the business grows. These are the times when it gets difficult to collect data and keep track of every single piece of information about customers and provide personalized experiences to them. In such circumstances, the most powerful driver for salespeople to improve customer interaction and loyalty is a strong customer relationship management system like Salesforce.
What Makes Salesforce The Industry Leader?
Salesforce was the industry pioneer in launching a featured customer relationship management system on the cloud. Today, Salesforce is more than that as it provides a variety of tools for CRM as well as Business Application Development using the source-driven approach of Salesforce DX (Developer Experience) that targets both small as well as large enterprises alike.
The comprehensive range of Salesforce products and tools include:
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud comes with tools for harmonizing the sales and marketing processes into a single and unified platform. Salesforce Marketing Cloud also puts forth provisions to engage more efficiently with clients on different channels.
- Salesforce Sales Cloud helps the sales teams identify and explore more prospective customers, boost sales productivity, and close the deals faster.
- Salesforce Service Cloud helps make customer support more efficient and productive by ensuring instant connectivity and seamless conversations.
- Salesforce DX is an app development platform that provides an innovative and unique source-driven development approach for saving the effort and time of the developers.
- Salesforce Platform is a unified platform allowing the users to build apps, customize the solutions, ensure security levels, etc.
- The Salesforce Application Suite is used by thousands of enterprise users across the world, irrespective of their line of business or size of operations. Some of the key industries that are covered by the Salesforce toolkit are Banking, Retail, Healthcare, Financial Services, Media, Logistics, Automotive, Communications, fast-moving Consumer Goods, etc.
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a highly-scalable, cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) eCommerce solution to provide highly optimized eCommerce experiences.
- Salesforce Community Cloud helps build different communities for employees, vendors, partners, etc. to boost close engagement.
- Quip that is a collaboration platform that helps in organizing teamwork.
The Uses Of Salesforce CRM
Any business, from a brick-and-mortar retail store to a huge multinational corporation, can improve operational efficiencies with the use of Salesforce CRM.
Here are some of the major advantages of the functional CRMs built on Salesforce:
Scalability: Salesforce can shrink and grow based on the ever-evolving requirements of your business. It is this scalability that makes it an excellent choice for small as well as big businesses. Scalability improvements allow a growth-driven business to grow revenue and profits while reducing operational costs over a period of time.
Customizability: A noteworthy feature of Salesforce is that it can be easily custom configured based on the specific requirements of a business. Salesforce can be quickly integrated with existing applications and any required alterations to add, edit, or delete functions or extend the functionality of existing features. However, customization of Salesforce products and services requires a bit of technical expertise. Customizability helps businesses alter or modify Salesforce products, services, and capabilities according to their specific requirements. This proves beneficial for businesses to gain a unique advantage over peers in today’s highly-competitive business environment.
Great functionality: The Salesforce Platform has many default templates and features that can be used for different types of organizational and business tasks. The wide range of functionalities at hand allows businesses to make the most out of their scarce resources and optimize operational efficiencies in the short as well as the long run.
Ease of Use: Salesforce is an extremely easy-to-use platform and you don’t have to be a technology geek to set up the applications and manage them. All you need is to simply log in to the platform to manage it. Salesforce provides a better and clear view of the analytics and clients so that decision making gets easier. Easy navigation, an intuitive interface, and effective collaboration options make the Salesforce work process smoother and seamless. The ease of use factor lets businesses implement and maintain the otherwise-complicated processes, tools, and methodologies with complete ease. This further helps them concentrate primarily on the core activities of the business.
Analytics: Using Salesforce, the sales teams can easily track and analyze the activities of your customers in real-time for anticipating the actual needs of the customers and act accordingly. The salespeople can easily create intuitive reports, dashboards, and graphical representations using Salesforce. Using advanced analytics, businesses can easily evaluate the performance and results of existing sales, marketing, and service tools and activities. This helps businesses take corrective actions, initiate new growth plans, and put an abrupt end to processes, tools, or functionalities that may be delivering under-par performance or results.
To conclude, the effective approach of Salesforce will help ensure error-free code management and repeatable success in any typical development environment.