In a groundbreaking announcement at AWS re:Invent, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Salesforce have expanded their global strategic partnership, enhancing new customer possibilities.
The collaboration aims to deepen the integration of data and artificial intelligence (AI), offering select Salesforce products on the AWS Marketplace for the first time.
Enhanced Integration for Seamless Data Management
The collaboration seeks to simplify customers’ management of their data securely across Salesforce and AWS. The expanded partnership will help customers to leverage the latest generative AI technologies within their applications and workflows.
According to Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff, this milestone represents a significant step in providing a trusted and integrated platform for data and AI, fostering innovation in the evolving AI era.
Key Highlights of the Partnership
- Product Integrations: AWS and Salesforce will strengthen integrations between their products, supporting Amazon Bedrock, a fully managed service for AI models. Salesforce Data Cloud will also expand its support for data sharing across various AWS technologies.
- AWS Marketplace Inclusion: Salesforce products, including Data Cloud, Service Cloud, and Sales Cloud, will now be available on the AWS Marketplace. This move streamlines purchasing options, providing customers with a unified view of their IT spending and simplified procurement processes.
- Unified Data Management: The Data Cloud platform becomes a comprehensive SaaS data platform, offering flexible and secure integrations with AWS data services. Zero-ETL integrations reduce the need for customers to build their own data pipelines, facilitating improved insights and applications.
- AI Services Integration: Salesforce will utilize AWS data and AI services, including Amazon SageMaker, to enhance Salesforce’s Einstein platform. This collaboration enables the creation of custom prompt templates and using leading AI models hosted on Amazon Bedrock.
- Service Cloud and Amazon Connect Integration: The collaboration aims to enhance the Service Cloud Voice and Amazon Connect integration, bringing Amazon Connect Chat to Service Cloud Digital Engagement. This integration is set to improve the overall customer experience.
- Empowering Developers: Salesforce and AWS are reimagining Heroku as the Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) layer for AI-first apps across both platforms. It involves leveraging AWS infrastructure for accelerated computing and improved machine learning capabilities.
Positive Impact on Customers
Prominent companies like State Farm and 3M, already benefiting from the partnership, anticipate unlocking even more value with these expanded offerings.
The new product integrations will be available in 2024, with select Salesforce products available on the AWS Marketplace for U.S. customers.
The collaboration between Salesforce and AWS is set to help businesses enhance innovation and deliver more personalized experiences for customers in the rapidly advancing field of AI.