The free Supplyforce Bot is empowered by three components, any of which can be used by customers. They are:
- Supplyforce Bot Mobile Interface that lets couriers, drivers, and cargo operators to stay informed on issues pertaining to safety, ask for help, or talk with a live agent if they require assistance.
- Transportation Support that allows driver supervisors to respond quickly to field requests. It is completed through a variety of channels, including WhatsApp and SMS.
- Transportation Crisis Center that lets driver dispatch centers monitor and analyze driver interruptions like abandoned freight and productivity decline.
Using the Supplyforce Bot, drivers can be made aware of open restaurants, truck shops, and pharmacies as well as other locations or amenities. Driver managers can monitor for mechanical issues and road closures that would have otherwise brought a delay for the drivers. This platform will be extremely useful for companies, especially when it comes to leveraging built-in dashboards to contextually understand how to better respond to different crisis scenarios.
The Supplyforce Bot lets users search for information and find knowledge articles. Users can install the Bot in one of two ways:
- For existing customers who are already using Salesforce Sales Cloud or Service Cloud, the new Supplyforce Bot solution is available on the Salesforce AppExchange, where the package can be installed into the existing Salesforce organization.
- Existing Salesforce customers can leverage the Salesforce Care Employee and Customer Support Solution that is free for a period of 90 days. After implementation, it can serve as the foundation for Supplyforce Bot package installation.
According to Salesforce Labs, the introduction of the Supplyforce Bot is in response to the ongoing supply chain issues brought on by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). “Supply chain resiliency is a top priority during the crisis, as people need to be confident that essentials such as food, ventilators, medicine and personal protective equipment are readily available. As adjustments are made to meet this unprecedented need, sourcing capabilities – from production to delivery – must be guaranteed. The safety and integrity of the supply chain is critical to this effort, which starts with transportation workers,” it said in a release.